It is with great pleasure that we are announcing the launch of our new collection of hair products “Slique Hair.” For those who know how important it is to use quality products that help you manage both the look and health of your hair, you will find Slique Hair to be the perfect way to cover all your hair bases.
Made with superior ingredients, each of our initial 8 products nurtures your hair and help it come alive.
- Posh Shampoo and Posh Conditioner – This 100% vegan shampoo and separate condition works to moisturize color treated, relaxed and natural hair. Made with shea butter and white tea extracts these are also sulfate free and paraben free.
- Elements Moisturizing Leave-In Treatment – After washing and conditioning your hair, use Elements to help protect your hair especially if it is dry and damaged. It will leave your strands soft, smooth and full of shine, while preventing frizziness. Elements also offers a level of thermal protection and is 100% vegan, sulfate free and paraben free.
- Thermal Wrapping Foam – This foam is the Queen of setting lotions. We highly recommend this for finger waves which we are known for. The Slique Thermal Wrapping foam adds brilliant shine while smoothing and straightening your hair. It will also protect your hair from heat damaged caused by thermal appliances such as flat irons or curling irons.
- Flex Hair Spray – Enjoy all day flexible hold with our hairspray that is made with botanical extracts for enhanced health and shine. A very special blend of resins keeps your style in place and gives you the movement you want at the same time.This fast drying hairspray is the perfect finisher before you head out the door.
- Silk Thermal Heat Protectant – Working as a healthy barrier to protect hair from heat styling, our thermal mist smooths, add shine and nourishes dry hair. The weightless, humidity resistant formula keeps hair lustrous and sleek for the entire day. Just how we like it. Our heat protectant mist is 100% vegan and paraben free.
- Glaze Smoothing Edge Control – Use the Slique Glaze to help slay and lay those edges. Being a darker shade than most edge products, our Glaze can also act as a color filler for those with a thinner hairline. This formula is flake free and smells great!
- Revive All Natural Multi-Vitamin Hair and Body Oil – Coconut oil and Vitamin E revives and nurtures your hair by aiding with dry strands, damage and dry scalp while creating the ideal environment to promote hair growth and improved thickness. Revive call also be used on the body to help even skin tone, moisturize and soften your skin.
Slique Hair can be purchased in person at our Hair Studio and soon online with prices ranging from $12- $25.
We spoke to Slique Hair Studio owner Monique Stokes to learn more about the collection, her favorite products and more!
Tell us about Slique Hair. Why did you decide to make your own product line?
I’ve been in the business for 30 years and I’ve tried so many products. Some work but are not good for your hair. Then you have the products that are good for your hair but don’t keep the style. By lunchtime your hair is nothing like it was when you left the house! So I wanted to come up with my own collection that a) works all day to keep the style and b) promotes hair healthy. Those two things are very important to me and my team.
Is your collection for all hair types?
Yes indeed it is. We have a very diverse following so I wanted to make sure they all were catered to. I think that anyone can find at least two products in the Slique Hair collection that will benefit them and their styling efforts while nourishing their hair.
What sets the collection apart from other product out there?
We are super excited that most of the products are 100% vegan. We also focused heavily on the moisturizing aspect because hair thrives when it is well moisturized. The vast majority of our clients at the Slique Hair Studio need as much moisture as they can get to keep their hair flourishing and looking its best.
If you were stuck on an island and could only take one product which would it be?
I would need ALL of my products!! But if I had to choose just one, I would go for the Revive oil because it does so much for you from head to toe. I have a bottle at home, in my purse and in my car. It is totally chemical free and I even use it to help heal small cuts. You can’t go wrong with that an island!